Hello October, and happy fall everyone! 🙂
I haven’t posted in a little while, but it was for a great reason, I promise. To make up for my absence, I’ve got a new “5 Things” post and an awesome giveaway for you guys!!! I wasn’t sure what to write to be honest–it gets like that sometimes. My mind goes blank; I can’t find the words, don’t feel like I have anything to talk about etc.–but I came up with something that I hope you’ll like. So here is my list of “5 Things I Love About Fall.”
- Fall weather. It’s just the best. Hoodies, warm socks, crisp cool air, your favorite book and a nice blanket. It’s the perfect reading weather, you guys, what more can I say? 🙂
- It means I made it through September. Remember that “great reason” for not posting? And maybe you remember I had mentioned something about putting together an event for a great cause? Well, everything came together, and although I was my typical awkward self, if my count is correct (can’t know for certain yet because all of the funds have yet to be totaled), we managed to raise about $5,000 for a local charity that supports children and families battling childhood cancer!!! It made me realize there are still good people in the world and that maybe we can make a difference. We held this event on my Aunt Pat’s birthday, so I hope she saw and was proud. I still miss her every day.
- Falling and getting back up. So, at the charity event, I actually fell down some stairs in front of an audience full of people–picture that girl Tai from Clueless at the school dance, and you’d have a pretty good picture of what happened lol. But I got back up, said “I’m okay!” and kept going. Did I mention I was awkward?
- Outlander on Starz. If you haven’t read the book yet, for goodness sakes, GO READ IT! If you have and you’ve been watching the show, I think you know what makes me love fall: James Alexander Malcolm MacKenzie Fraser. Enough said *sigh* <3.
- The Happy Fall YA’ll Giveaway! I’m giving away a signed paperback copy of ADORKABLE on Goodreads, and over 600 people have already entered 0___0. The giveaway started on September 28 and will run through October 19 when a winner will be randomly selected. So what are you waiting for? Enter here for your chance to win!
I really do love fall–and not for the pumpkin spiced everything like most people lol…though, the smell is nice. Since it is perfect reading weather, if you haven’t read them and need a new book, might I recommend YA romances ADORKABLE and NINJA GIRL? I hear they’re pretty good. 😉 I hope you’re doing well, reading great books and having a happy fall so far!