It’s almost a new year, and I’ve got to say…2016 has been crazy.
The good, the bad, the ugly, ups and downs, rainbows and pits of despair. I can say with all honesty it’s been a mixed bag for me. But for this post–and because we’re about to say hello to 2017–I’m focusing on the good.
Here are a few of my favorites that brightened the year:
- Publishing my debut novel ADORKABLE! It took a really long time for me to get to this point. Still kinda can’t believe that I actually (finally) did it :).
- Written In Red by Anne Bishop. My favorite book series of 2016! I’ve read all of the books, and it is amazing. I’m a big fan of urban fantasy, so this was right up my alley. Loved it!
- The Hamilton Soundtrack. One word: Incredible. If you haven’t listened yet, go now. I’ll wait for it ;). The lyrics, music, phrasing, recurring themes…aw man, everything about it is outstanding. Prepare yourself for greatness–and the need to listen to it over and over.
- Netflix. I have fallen down the rabbit hole lol. My awesome cousin got me a gift card, and I am using it well!
- Posts like these: Favorite Debut Novel of 2016, Best Book Boyfriends of 2016, Top Ten Best Books of 2016 <3. Thank you so much ladies for being awesome and for including ADORKABLE. Your support means everything to me!
- The ADORKABLE readers and all of the supportive people in my life. This should be #1, but I saved the best for last :). This year I have found that good people do exist. They help just to help. They send words of encouragement. They give of themselves because they want to lift others up. Thoughtfulness, kindness, those things matter so much, and I’m thankful to know that there are people like that in the world.
Back in May, I did a post called Crazy Amazing Stats. In case you’re interested, here’s where we stand at the end of the year (P.S. I love numbers lol).
ADORKABLE was published on March 31, 2016 and in paperback on September 20, 2016.
As of right now it has:
312 reviews on Amazon.
Reached #1 in its categories for seven different countries (U.S., U.K., Germany, Canada, Australia, Brazil, and France).
475 reviews on Goodreads.
3,460 people rated it on Goodreads.
6,871 people added it on Goodreads.
Over 6 million pages have been read.
I also have people (real readers!) who have contacted me to let me know how much they love the book! It floors me. Every time. The messages are so beautiful, and I’m grateful for each and every one. The fact that I, as a first time, self-published author, could reach so many people with my sweet YA romance…it astounds me. I was so afraid that my little book would be lost to oblivion, that no one would ever read it. Just publishing ADORKABLE was a dream come true, but having it be so well and widely received?
Thank you so much ADORKABLE readers for making my dream a reality <3. You are truly the best!
I hope you all have a safe and happy new year!