This was actually a tough one. It’s not that I don’t have anything to be thankful for, not at all. The hard part was narrowing it down to 5 :).
Actually, the holidays are a hard time for me, but I am thankful for so many things. And because I watched Pollyanna last night and learned about the “glad game”–right after watching the new Anne of Green Gables, which was okay, but will never take the place of the original <3–I’m going to focus on what makes me glad.
So here are 5 Things I’m Thankful For:
- Green bean casserole. Yummm! It’s my favorite, made exactly as it says on the box. The green bean goodness cannot be beat.
- Fall weather. I love blankets, warm socks, sweaters, and a nice chill in the air. Living in the South, you’ve got to appreciate weather like that. It’s just the best. Ooh, and warm tea…sigh.
- Books, the writers who write them and the readers who read them. My week has been filled with books, books and more books. I just wish I read (and wrote) faster lol! As a reader, I appreciate writers so much for putting their words and stories out there. As an author, I cannot say it enough: ADORKABLE readers, you really are the best! Thank you so much for your enthusiasm and encouragement!
- Dogs. Puppies and full grown senior dogs, young or old, long or short haired, small or large, what can I say? I love them. God bless all the fur babies!
- Family and friends. I don’t have a lot of either, but the ones I do have are tops. They are the best of the best, the cream of the crop, and I wouldn’t trade them for anything.
And I gotta say, in keeping with the glad game, even though I don’t have Netflix and missed the revival of Gilmore Girls (ugggh), I’m happy I got to see the new Pollyanna. There was no Rory. Even worse, there was no Jess :(. But there was also no Logan, who I disliked greatly, and I suppose that’s something to be glad about lol. But seriously, that Pollyanna had so much spirit and endless cheer. I happy cried, and I’m not even sorry about it.
Hope you all have a great weekend!